- Status: Part-time — Up to 20 hours weekly, through December 16, 2022
- Location: Anywhere in the U.S.
- Deadline: August 19, 2022
We are seeking a part-time Program Operations Intern who will support us in managing and executing the operational and administrative functions of trainings and other program activities. Reporting to the Program Operations Manager, this role will handle key aspects of event planning and logistics, making it possible for us to deliver high-quality, impactful trainings that help our communities win progressive change. This role will also collaborate with the Program Operations Manager to strengthen the Program Team’s systems, structures and workflows. For this role, we seek an organized self-starter who is interested in working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is an ideal position for someone who wants to learn more about mission-based social justice organizations.
- Coordinate event planning and logistics for both in-person and online trainings and ensure that operations are smooth from start to finish, including but not limited to:
- For in-person training: Booking travel, securing venues and lodging, ordering meals, etc.
- For virtual trainings: Creating Zoom links and providing back-end technical support
- Monitoring and responding to email accounts related to program activities;
- Assisting with external vendor relationships;
- Tracking on and entering training participant registration data;
- Attend Program Team meetings and other internal meetings;
- Support financial processes and ensuring that our vendors and trainers are paid on-time
- Manage re:power’s job boards
Your experience and skills
- Demonstrated experience working in nonprofit operations and logistics.
- Experience planning and executing virtual and in-person events.
- Experience working for a non-profit, ideally in the progressive movement.
- Experience working with Google Workspace products (e.g. Slides, Sheets, Docs, Gmail).
- Must have a reliable computer and access to high-speed internet.
- Willingness to work non-standard hours, up to 20 hours per week, including weekends as needed, with possibility of travel.
Compensation for this position is $20/hr, paid every two weeks. This position is a six-month commitment with the possibility of extension, depending upon the needs of the organization.
Application Deadline and Instructions
The deadline for applicants is August 19, with an ideal start date of August 29. Applicants should submit their cover letter and resume in a single PDF to email@example.com, with the subject line “Program Operations Intern.”
re:power is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly invite people of color, Native American and Indigenous people, immigrants, women, genderqueer and nonbinary people, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and others to apply for all open positions at re:power.
re:power offers a lively and highly rewarding professional environment; we are committed to creating a world where our lived experiences, perspectives and ideas are fully represented and that starts first within our organization. This position can be located anywhere in the United States convenient to regular travel.