Position: Director, Communications and Digital Strategy Status: Full-time, Exempt Location: Anywhere in the U.S. convenient to regular travel Application Deadline: March 30. Position open until filled.
As Director of Communications and Digital Strategy of re:power, you are a sharp, curious, organized, and agile individual who believes in the power of narrative and storytelling to change the world.
You will lead the overarching digital and communications strategy and execution for re:power’s online presence and programs. This role weaves together insights and stories from our national network of partner organizations, alumni, and potential activists to inform communications strategy, develops marketing plans that align our programs to key audiences, and creates content online and offline that tells the re:power story. This role will manage the Graphic and Web Designer.
Content Strategy and Management:
- Design, launch, and oversee the execution of email campaigns;
- Create and manage a calendar for social media and web content creation in collaboration with various team members;
- Strong project management and execution skills; ability to juggle multiple things at once;
- Collaborate on beautiful, simple, and accessible design for the movement with in-house Graphic Designer;
- Interest in and experience with building supporter or membership bases online;
- Collaborate with various stakeholders in producing relevant content that meets the need of our audiences;
Brand Management and Development:
- Ensure consistent use of re:power’s brand and visual identity throughout the organization as well as effective communication of re:power’s mission, strategy, and accomplishments;
- Work closely with the Graphic Designer to imagine and create the next iteration of re:power in the world through our public facing content and messaging;
- Work with Program staff to ensure the re:power brand is represented in our public materials and external presence;
- Work with Development staff to ensure the re:power brand is weaved into donor communication and continues to build our supporter base;
Data and Technology Management and Leadership:
- Serve as the organizational Data Leader, through management of CRM and setting policies and guidelines for staff around data hygiene and management;
- Provide thought leadership on how data about our people, supporters, and donors can enhance our program and offerings;
- Bring experience integrating data systems and processes into an organization;
Experience and Skills
- It’s likely a successful candidate will have at least 5 to 7 years experience working in political communications and digital strategy and organizing, or two cycles on political campaigns in a digital capacity. This is not an entry-level position.
- Understanding and alignment on re:power’s core values and mission;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Strong instinct for powerful storytelling with a demonstrated racial, gender, and class equity lens
- Ability to supervise a team successfully to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Proficiency with CRM management (preferably EveryAction), content management systems, and other technology
- Aptitude for learning new technologies quickly and a motivation to seek data to inform your work
- Willingness to work non-standard hours, including weekends, and travel when required.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this position is highly competitive, and re:power offers a comprehensive benefits package with excellent health/dental/life/disability insurance; exceptionally generous and flexible paid time off; 401k retirement benefits; FSA enrollment; and more. The salary range for this position is $85-$95K.
This position may be located anywhere in the United States convenient to regular travel.
Application Deadline and Instructions
This position is open until filled. The deadline for application submission is March 30, and we will review resumes received on a rolling basis.
Please email your letter of interest, resume, and 2 examples of your creative work (this can be a writing sample, graphics you worked on, or anything that you think showcases your talent and mindset!) as either PDF attachments or in an online portfolio to email@example.com.
re:power is an equal opportunity employer. And we’re also an organization that’s led by people of color, immigrants, women and gender nonconforming, queer, and working-class people. We eagerly invite people of color, Native American and Indigenous people, immigrants, women, genderqueer and gender nonconforming people, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and other marginalized communities to apply for all open positions at re:power.
re:power offers a lively and rewarding environment, one grounded in community and continuous learning. We are a remote organization, with staff based out of states across the country and an office in Minneapolis, MN.
Back to Careers