Position: Vice President: Program and Partnerships Status: Full-time, Exempt Location: Anywhere in the U.S. convenient to regular travel Deadline: Open until filled
As a member of the senior leadership team and reporting to the Executive Director, the Vice President of Programs and Partnerships will lead a high performing team of Principals and Program Managers to coach, train, advise, support and work alongside leadership and staff of color at frontline progressive and social justice organizations. This person should have experience in community, electoral, political, or labor organizing as well as deep experience as a trainer and facilitator.
Internal Leadership – Manages a high performing team of seasoned community organizers, strategists, movement technologists, and electoral organizers, trainers and facilitators ensuring all staff have what they need to succeed and deliver excellent results.
- Sets the vision and strategic direction of programmatic work, in collaboration with Executive Director, senior leadership team, and Board of Directors
- Applies a strong race justice and gender equity lens throughout all aspects of our program
- Develops and hold team accountable to goals and plans that meet strategic objectives and ensure ongoing evaluation, learning, and improvement towards greater programmatic excellence
- Manages and ensure strong oversight of day-to-day of program staff and team
- Work closely with VP of Communications and Marketing to develop messaging and engagement plans with new audiences, alumni, and partners
- Work closely with VP of Development on fundraising and engagement plan for organization
Partnership Cultivation – Builds re:power’s national presence and cultivates strong relationships with priority national partners.
- Manages partner cultivation and acquisition, including contracts and negotiations
- Provides strategic thought on re:power’s role in the progressive movement space
- Represents re:power at various events and coordinate external affairs amongst senior leadership team and relevant program staff
- Identifies and creates new high-level partnerships
- Customizes the needs of partners (orgs, coalitions, stakeholders) that share re:power’s values for long-term movement building
Training and Facilitation – Serves as a thought leader for building learning spaces, training programs, and facilitates.
- Works closely with staff on building and executing training programs
- Serve as the creative lead for curriculum design, development, and execution
Budget and Resource Development – Provides access to necessary resources and meets financial objectives.
- Sets and drives overall program budget development and support team to oversee project/partnership budgets in alignment with strategic goals
- Helps identify and raises earned income and other financial resources to fund organizational priorities
- Builds and maintains relationships with organizational funders and donors in coordination with the Vice President of Development and development team
- Works with Executive Director and Finance Manager to align budgeting process and budget management with project-based/partnership based program work, and to capture and elevate re:power’s organizational story and impact
Organizational Leadership – Helps build and strengthen re:power overall.
- Collaborates with Executive Director and members of the senior leadership team regarding fundraising, communications, operations, and overall organizational leadership, strategy, and planning initiatives
- Serves a thought partner on key questions
- Attracts, hires, develops and retains great people, and gives clear and actionable feedback
- Organizational leadership: Leads by example and centers what’s best for the organization
- Ownership: Cares deeply about getting results, and doing what it takes to get them, including paying attention to details, anticipating problems, offering creative solutions, driving work forward, and course-correcting when needed
- Racial equity and Liberation: Demonstrates commitment to the leadership of people of color in progressive and social justice movements, valuing and prioritizing work with diverse coalitions and communities
- High standards and performance: Drives toward ambition and delivering excellent work, including the ability to manage and successfully execute multiple projects simultaneously, both directly and through teams
- Strong self-initiative and the ability to work independently: Owns significant projects and follows through to completion without direct supervision day-to-day
- Highly relational: Believes in the importance of relationship-building for success, both internally and externally
- Tenacious and flexible: Possesses a “getting to yes” attitude and a propensity for working through roadblocks and achieving your goals
- Anticipatory and data driven: Looks ahead, alerting staff to trends, deadlines, and upcoming opportunities and using data to make informed decisions about where to best direct time and attention
- Openness to giving and receiving feedback: Commits to skill building for self, staff, and colleagues
Experience and Skills
- 7+ years of combined experience in power building/organizing, program development, curriculum design, and managing teams.
- Commitment to finding solutions while addressing the challenges. We face many challenges in our work on a day to day basis on large and small scales. We are seeking a candidate who can see and acknowledge the obstacles and challenges while creatively and collaboratively creating alternatives and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work and lead in a multiracial organization, including work that actively challenges habits of white supremacy and other ways that dominant cultures interfere with the dignity and humanity, and experience developing and leading strategies that promote race justice and gender equity.
- Direct experience supervising and developing staff and managing toward excellence in outcomes, including planning, budgeting, goal setting, financial management, and evaluation
- Exceptional verbal, written, digital, and interpersonal communications skills,
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity
- Experience with change management that includes strong project management skills and ability to take ownership and build broad support for new and emerging initiatives
- Experience managing a remote team and working within multi-state or remote staff cultures
- Willingness to work non-standard hours, including weekends, and travel when required
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation for this position is highly competitive with a salary range of $115K-$130K. re:power offers a comprehensive benefits package with excellent health/dental/life/disability insurance; exceptionally generous and flexible paid time off; 401k retirement benefits; FSA enrollment; and more.
Application Deadline and Instructions
This position is open until filled. Application materials received before February 1, will be given priority.
Please email your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to specify “VP, Program and Partnerships” in the subject line.
re:power is an equal opportunity employer. And we’re also an organization that’s led by people of color, immigrants, women and gender nonconforming, queer, and working-class people. We eagerly invite people of color, Native American and Indigenous people, immigrants, women, genderqueer and gender nonconforming people, LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and other marginalized communities to apply for all open positions at re:power.
re:power offers a lively and rewarding environment, one grounded in community and continuous learning. We are a remote organization, with staff based out of states across the country and an office in Minneapolis, MN.
Back to Careers