Standing in Our Power: Women of Color Leadership Cohort
June 21 – September 1, 2022
Standing in Our Power is a 12-week cohort experience curated specifically by and for self-identifying women of color, with learning spaces designed to amplify the unique leadership abilities within women of color while building connections and continued growth.
Participants will cultivate a national network of WoC leaders; develop skills in management, strategy, media, and funding practices; and practice centering their intersectional identities as leaders, managers, and organizers. The cohort will develop skills and practices that address the needs of WoC in management and leadership roles including addressing root causes issues, strategic planning, organizing as a leader, communication, marketing, and fundraising.
This program will also cultivate spaces for relationship-building, resource-sharing and health and wellness to help participants find sustainability and joy in the work. The experience will culminate in a transition to coaching, mentoring, and joining re:power’s alumni network.
- June 21–23, 2022, Baltimore, MD
- August 30–September 1, 2022, Durham, NC
- June 29–August 24
- Once a week (day TBD)
- 6:00–8:00 pm ET
Friday, May 27. Admissions decisions will be delivered on a rolling basis.
Sliding scale contribution* of $500 – $3,000 (full cost).
*We believe people with more wealth, privilege, and access to money—and who benefit from systems of oppression—should pay more.
If you work at an organization with more than 60 employees, please ask your employer to cover the full cost of this training. If there’s anything that would help you make the request, please let us know.We know that this might be a new way of looking at things. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Standing in Our Power is a dynamic cohort experience and if you are applying, you should prepare to be fully present and engaged throughout.
- We will meet twice in person at the beginning and end of the cohort experience, and we will request proof of vaccination and a negative COVID test within 48 hours of the convening from all participants.
- To maximize connection and community-building during in-person gatherings, we will not be offering a hybrid virtual option.
- In between those meetups, we will meet virtually once a week for eight sessions. For the virtual sessions, we ask that participants actively engage by using the chat function, coming off mute to share verbally, and participating in breakout group discussions. If you are able, we strongly encourage participants to turn on video during virtual sessions.
Who should apply?
- People identifying as both women and a person of color (Black, Indigenous, Latina, Asian, Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, or Multi-racial)
- Organizers and advocates
- Legislative, policy, and campaign leaders
- Managers and mid-level directors
Ideal applicants come from all walks of life, from various sectors and regions of mid level managers and directors. Women of color who are passionate about and want to deepen their impact professionally and personally.
Month One: Connecting & Leadership Foundations
- Exploring WoC Leadership Field Trips
- Root Cause Analysis
- Organizing & Leadership
- Organizing as a WoC
Month Two: Management & Strategy
- Re:defining our Power
- Deconstructing white dominant practices and leadership styles
- Applying Emergent Strategy
- Brain Trust
Month Three: Funding & Communication
- Visions of Liberation
- Root Cause Analysis Remixed
- Visualization Practice
- Our Vision for Impact
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
Thank you to our sponsors, who are values-aligned organizations who help keep our training costs accessible!