Grassroots Organizing Training
re: Electoral Campaign Management is part of re:power academy: our signature training program in grassroots organizing, technology, and campaign management.
Apply today: https://repower.typeform.com/to/DLr9vD
Date: Sept 21-22
Location: McKimmon Conference and Training Center
Re: Grassroots Organizing Training is one of re:power’s core offerings in movement building for any leader interested in learning how to infuse and apply grassroots organizing principles that build power to move your agenda at the local, state, or national level. You’ll learn from some of the best organizers in their respective fields on how to win for the long-haul so we’re wielding our power and lifting up our collective voices in the streets, the legislature, and the ballot box.
For us that means leading organizing campaigns that win on the issues that directly impact our communities. We recognize the 2020 elections are right around the corner and key decisions around immigration, economic justice, reproductive rights, and democracy are being decided on right now. At re:power we believe in order to build inclusive politics we have to focus on the upcoming election while also building local and state power. In this two-day training, you’ll sharpen your campaign strategy skills and learn how to:
- Identify your leadership styles and how that informs your strategic approach
- Create a comprehensive organizing campaign that is rooted in community
- Distinguish between organizing and mobilizing that build your people base and strategically enhances your campaign
- Apply grassroots organizing principles to your campaign strategy, including how to effectively build a coalition and lobby you representatives
- Develop a robust volunteer program, including volunteer recruitment, retention, and management
- Develop and implement an effective messaging strategy that tells a compelling story
- Learn how to incorporate digital organizing strategies throughout your issue campaign
Join our training and learn how to apply your values to the skills noted above. We root each lesson and strategy in a framework of inclusive politics and informed by values of racial, gender, and economic justice.
Due to the highly interactive focus of this training, attendance is limited to a cohort of 50 people. We require individuals to complete an online application, submit your application here: https://repower.typeform.com/to/DLr9vD
- Application Deadline: Applications are due on Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
Training Fee Details
The cost is $450 for the training. Some full and partial scholarships are available. You have the option of applying for a scholarship when you register for the training.
Interested in sponsoring our trainings? Email Terryn Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org