In this course you will learn to make an analytics dashboard and other visualizations in order to evaluate program efforts and share your evaluation with other team members in a way that’s easy to understand.
Who is this course for?
Staff across departments: Data, organizing, digital, communications, and fundraising staff will all find that this course takes their work to the next level. You will be provided with sample data for all assignments.
Pre-requisites: Before taking this course, you should know what a row and column is and how to add numbers; we will send a review beforehand. If you already know how to use the Vlookup formula or Pivot Tables, you may be too advanced for this course.
Ideal applicants come from all walks of life, from seasoned organizers and campaigners looking to sharpen their skills, to beginners who are passionate about organizing and want to start their learning journey. Here are some attributes shared by all our applicants:
- Technical Aptitude: Whether you have experience in organizing online or not, we are interested in organizers and campaign practitioners who want to rapidly develop their technical skills.
- Organizing Insight: You don’t need to be a professional politico, but we’re looking for applicants with experience doing organizing work on the ground. That work can be tied to grassroots, electoral, and/or issue organizing. We seek to support organizers who are currently part of a campaign effort or are seeking to build one.
- Dedication to Inclusive Politics and Intersectional Solutions: At re:power, we center race, class, gender and sexuality across all our trainings — it’s part of our practice of inclusive politics. We want organizers to be open to new ideas regarding it and to the ideas and contributions from their fellow organizers who will reflect our diverse communities.
- Week 1: Intro to Movement Data & Cleaning Data with Vlookup and more
- Week 2: Creating Analytics Reports with Countif and Pivot Tables
- Week 3: Presenting Analytics with Column Charts and more